Friday, September 21, 2012

Change of pace and direction

It has been quite a long time since I added anything to my blog.  As to my recovery, that is coming along as always.  There is not a  lot of progress to make anymore unfortunately.  I do more work to maintain than any thing else.  I did have an opportunity to use what is called a Bio-ness unit for my left leg.  It was fantastic, the only problem is that medical will not pay for it.  It is expensive and not covered  because my injuries are from a brain tumor and not a spinal cord injury.  If it were spinal cord the unit would be covered, so we will file an appeal and see what happens.

Now on to the change of direction.  The change has to do with something I have come to realize in life now that I have a disability.  I use to always believe and would tell you that I am aware of those who are disabled and help them.  Now I realize just how little I knew and how little I helped or would help.  That leads to why I am writing this blog.  I felt led to share some of my experiences of being handicap due to my left leg and its paralysis.

I never realized just how much I was unaware of the needs are of so many.  With that I will be sharing what I experience through this blog in an effort to help some understand what they take for granted, what they fail to see.  Mostly I see it as a result of ignorance, not aware, not rudeness.  Not all will be negative or a poor me writing, I will be pointing out the positives that people do.  One example is a few days ago it was raining and I was walking from the parking lot to the faculty building.  A young student held the door for me, which may not be a fantastic thing by its self, however I was about twenty yards away.  The young student waiting patiently for me, so as I say not all is bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment