Saturday, April 2, 2011

Unexpected turn

Well I was able to see my neurologist this morning. I thought I might have breakfast with Beth before hand to start the day off nice. I love Crackle Barrel, as does she, so being near his office we were set. Well our waitress forgot to serve our food so we left hungry. Off to the doctors visit.

What was nice is we did not have to wait too long to see him. We talked, he talked and enlightened us both. Not all is what I, or Beth, had expected. I got a new referral for physical therapy, though it may do little to help me. Dr. Smith listened to my input as to my leg spasms and night time muscle pain. one of his suggestions were to up only one of my medications, which I will tonight and see how it works. He asked me about feeling in my left leg and how my arm on the left side has been doing. I did a few exercises or tests so he could evaluate my physical status I did not perform at 100%. He talked to us both a bit more explaining my possible future for my left leg and arm. I will leave it at saying it is very possible that the paralysis may increase. I will also have yet one more, in a future of many, to see what if any changes have taken place in the tumor area.

I shared only what I did because Beth and I are still taking in the session and sifting through the information, waiting to see what the medications do, what the MRI says and last what physical therapy will do.

Thank you for your prayers. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment