Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Update

Well I was unable to teach on Monday which is 100% against my philosophy and belief. I never want to cancel classes and take away a students learning and it was a real let down to me, though some of my students may have been happy. When I returned to the class room many asked me how I was doing as I stated my absence was due to medical reasons. I did not want to get too personal, so I told most of them I was doing much better. At the end of the day I shared with some that with a brain injury, tumor, there may be a long learning curve to address issues that may crop up. As I had stated in earlier postings my neurologist was trying an additional new medication on me. Well after three days the peak reactions should have occurred and yet I had reactions eight days later. Seeing how I deal with these types of medications in my private practice I have 'some' insight and it was confusing to me too. I will say that finally on Sunday I stopped taking the newly introduced medication. I saw my neurologist on Tuesday morning, as I say Monday I was unable to drive a car. Well he agreed I stay off the medication and we will take some medical measurements as we do any additions and subtractions of my medications. I agreed to keep daily notes on what is going on with me medically wise, functioning wise, and headache wise. Some may find it hard to believe but I need to do that so I keep the days and occurrences straight. I sit back and look at the fact that the surgery is approaching almost sixteen months old and I am 'still' on a path of certain recovery. I will try to keep updates as to what is happening, and I do not have a follow up scheduled yet with my neurologist. He is a very humble man in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment