Sunday, January 9, 2011

Play offs

While watching the football play offs I thought I would update. I had a dental visit this week and they told me one tooth has stress fractures so I asked what might cause it. The main thing I was told was grinding my teeth at night. I have never had that problem before so I guess there is a first time for everything. That being said I now have to wear a mouth guard or cover for my upper teeth. While I was at the dentist 's office they asked me if I needed to be on medication before they do work on my teeth. It was so serious that they had me call my doctor's office before going forward with a cleaning. My doctor was somewhat surprised and after a bit of thought said yes. The dentist explained to me that when there are foreign objects in the body (like my six plates and screws) the bacteria can find its way to them and cause infections. The agreement was reached that I will follow up with my primary care doctor next week. Worst case scenario is I will take a pill to prevent that from happening. As I was going to bed last night I took my night time medications (six pills), put my oxygen on and hooked my flow up for the night, and then put my mouth piece in. I think what I use to do in order to prep for bed, one pill. I just got into bed and thought to myself, Phil you are getting older. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment