Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday football

Well before the games started I thought I would clear the driveway up a bit. We didn't get enough snow for the plow so I decided to clean it up myself. I shoveled some to the sides and then figured I would snow blow the rest of it. My son and daughter-in-law came over yesterday and filled up my gas can for me. They were very thoughtful to help. So after my shoveling I did some snow blowing and cleaned up my driveway.

Last night I had a little episode of adventure, which may be an over statement. My doorbell rang two times at about 8:30 in the evening. As I struggled to get up, go to the door and answer it I quickly learned it was a case of 'ding dong ditch'. I was reminded of my youth and friends who use to play it. Then I thought about how many people did they play their joke on who experienced difficulty to answer a door for no one. I sat looking out the front window in the dark for a few minuets after I closed and locked the door with the lights off. As I sat there I thought even if I were to see them what would I do, "chase them"? How funny I thought so I made my way back to the family room and figured if it rang again I just do not get up. In the end children will be children.

No comments:

Post a Comment