Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

Well my night time medications are still working so that is good as I have been on them for long enough for them to stop working if they were to stop. So my night time rest has been good with a few exceptions. That being said I am mending from my latest fall. I have learned a few things which I should have already known. First is that one reason I hate falling is because I cannot get back up. When I fell it was so difficult to stand up even with Beth helping me. The left leg just will not move for me, be it to walk, step or swing to support me standing up. Sleeping was difficult last night because every time I rolled over on my left side I would wake up due to the soreness. The one thing that is hard for me to deal with is being in need of help. Since around the age of eight I depended upon myself to get things done. To sit there helplessly on the floor with Beth trying to help me stand up and it was useless until I could maneuver my left leg around to assist a bit more. It is also hard to balance this learning and not to look like I am feeling sorry. I want to learn to do as much as I possibly can on my own which I know will come in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment