Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend update

The weekend was not too bad. I had some time with headaches and it was not as bad as some of them in the past. The weather was nice and so the weekend was easy to enjoy. I was able to prepare for the approaching winter with a lot of the things that I normally do. It was nice to be able to do some of the activities all on my own. I think my car, Trans AM, went a whole 80 miles this year. Give or take a mile. Seems my left leg and working a clutch just is not working as a team any more. The season and year is coming to an end for me though it is only mid October. I do see my neurologist this Thursday and we will see how things are going. I think they are going well as long as we can address some of the headaches.

Something that has absolutely nothing to do with my health is what I saw on 60 Minutes tonight. The fact that so many returning veterans are ending up on the street. I do not know if anyone else saw it but it was really an eye opening issue. The fact that so many are ending up on the street and homeless. These are people who we sent to fight and now they come back and are becoming a hindrance to us and probably unwelcome by some. I talked with Beth about how I would love to be able to do more myself. It was just so upsetting to see they put their lives on the line and now we put them on the street. The thought is cannot we do something more?

No comments:

Post a Comment