Saturday, February 6, 2010

What a day.

I hope everyone likes the new pictures I posted on my blog. I thought what a great comparison to show how I looked a could of days after surgery and then how I looked a few months ago. What a change there is, I still remember the right side of my face swollen all bruised up, the bandages and such. It has been a wild and interesting journey to say the least. That being said today was a nice day. I did some painting in one of the rooms using some new scaffolding I bought and it worked great.

I am beginning to notice though that some fail to realize or think about disabilities with people. Like some just 'assume' I can reach, bend or do some other activity. Reality is my balance and stability is not like it was. With my left leg slightly paralyzed and not having stability someone assuming I can reach a distance and open a car or truck door with ease is wrong. It makes me realize that those who I have encountered I to made assumptions. It is so easy to put out your arm, reach and stretch while maintaining your balance unless of course that balance is off like mine. I love the fact that I can still do and accomplish things.

There is so much life out there yet so little understanding sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great you added the pics. What a difference! You look great! People take for granted the abilities they have. It isn't until they are gone that they really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete