Thursday, February 11, 2010

What a special DAY!

What a day this was, from start to finish. My foot was feeling much better however my hip was still quite sore after a night of heat. Making the venture to downtown once again to campus Beth pulled up to the curb so I could get out. As I opened the door she reminded me in a nice way to be careful as I got out as it was slippery. So I opened the door I swiveled around to step out and made sure I put my feet securely on the sidewalk. As I went to stand up I tried to move a foot so I could stand straight up to walk and my right foot started to slip then the left. The next thing I knew my feet were both starting to fly up and I was going down 'again'. I ended up sitting on the sidewalk after banging the back of my head against the car. I couldn't believe it, two days in a row.

The great thing is that was only the beginning of one of the most interesting and unusual days I have had in a long time. I was suppose to give my one class a test and somehow the copying order got messed up and no test. The students didn't mind that at all, and so we talked and class went great. I tutored some students and prepped for my last class.

As I was walking to my last class I turned down a hallway and as I was walking I noticed a woman standing sideways looking at something on the wall. When I was about two feet from her she turned to face me and began to walk by me going the other way. I smiled and she looked back at me and smiled. Once we had passed by each other I heard her say "God Bless you". I took about two more steps thinking and realizing what she had said and so I turned to look at her. I looked and all I saw was an empty hall. There was no one there she was gone and the next hallway was at least 20 feet away.

I thought about what she had said and had such a wonderful remainder of a day. I am hoping I will break my streak of falling. I will be very careful tomorrow as I venture out tomorrow. I could not think of anything else to describe today other than special and I smile just thinking about it. :-)

1 comment:

  1. My Mom should seriously help you out of the car!! I told her that :)

    ReplyDelete