Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday afternoon

Well the snow has stopped for now anyway. While learning my new normal I started to paint the one bedroom from a yellow Beth picked out. I don't think she is really pleased with the color. One reason why I seem to never be able to go with her when the paint is picked out. It was a new difficult to work with trying to paint and bend with a twist. You know all those simple little things we do everyday without thinking? I told two of my classes that this week as we are learning about the brain in two of my psychology classes. I was explaining to them the neuro connections and how every little movement we do has these connections working properly.

Finished the preparations of the room trimming off the primary color and saw the driveway. I always did the driveway myself with my snow blower and I am anal about it I admit it. Picky, very picky when I do it. Not being able to move easily I hired a person to plow it who came 'highly' recommended. Well he does less than my two car wide driveway and he has managed to dig up my asphalt at the very end where it meets with the road. I knew he was not going to come today as we only had about three to four inches (though by contract he agreed to). So out I went and started the blower up, as I was doing the snow at the road and curb area I stepped in water. With the temperature being in the high 30's the snow is melting also and as I would snow blow I would step in the four inches of water and slush with my mesh sneakers. COLD! Why do I have sneakers on? Because I cannot get my left foot in and out of my hunting boots I have worn for the last thirty five years. The left foot does not bend up and down to angle it into the nor out of the boot. I will buy new ones this fall in preparation for next winter. So I kept stepping in the freezing water and clearing it away and finally did. It is nice and clear now and that makes me happy.

All in all it is a nice day. My left leg is a sore and I know it will get better as long as I take care of it. Put some heat on it and rest it. Do things in moderation, moderation. Right now it is snowing at a nice rate so oh well. I fail to understand why people who live in this area act like it is a strange occurrence. Like it does it every year so all should be use to it, expect it' Over all life is good and I am still learning and will be for some time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment