Monday, March 1, 2010

The way it is.......

Well the painting on Saturday along with clearing the snow from the driveway proved to be a bit too much for me. :-( Unfortunately I am still learning to gage myself for work. Use to be if I wanted to put a coat of paint on the walls of a room it was a simple few hour job, once everything was removed and the walls cleared, prepped and ready. Well painting one of the bedrooms with everything ready was a bit more than an easy task. I have a second coat to put on and then the trim before putting it back to normal. With the stairs being too much the though was to sell and I had a time frame in mind. Now that has to be adjusted as what would take me very little time to do is going to take a lot more. Sometimes it can just seem to be over whelming, taking the simple tasks of yesterday and having them be large hurdles to overcome today is a huge change in perspective and life for me. I find it very hard to simply say I will take more time that is all.

I did hear from a few friends who I had lost touch with and they shared how they keep up on my blog. People's understanding is one of the main factors that keeps me going. Do I like walking with a cane? Do I want to be restricted to not being able to move around people sometimes? I think everyone would answer the same, "No". However as Beth says to me and others most times, "It is what it is" and she is right. So though I may teach full time, see clients in my private practice, do chores around the house, participate in my physical therapy and constantly bug people to pick me up, drop me off, take me for an errand bottom line is I am keeping my life at a bit of higher pace than I need to. This too will change. Without people to drive me everywhere I would be lost and it is nice to know I have friends. Friends who are giving to me and they know I cannot repay, thank you. If I figure out how to post more pictures I will show more Molly. That was one of the inspirations to help motivate me for recovery after the surgery. Ain't she sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment