Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A day in the life

Today I want to share so but the dilemma comes is as to what if it is not all positive? Truth is, have you ever had one of those days where life has just seemed to pile up on your doorstep and you just felt like locking the door and not opening it? That is how I felt today. I remember a year ago when the Unity Spine Center told me that the seizure I suffered (first one) was part of my nerves healing process. Then to suffer some more of them only more sever for longer periods with more devastating results was hard to deal with. Then one day the doctor tells you "go straight to the hospital as you have a 2 1/2 inch brain tumor and may stroke".

I remember people looking at me asking how I was doing and I would say I was doing great. Really I was, and then surgery, rehabilitation, and focusing on getting back to living life. Teaching and back to my private practice as a psychologist to continue to help others. Going forward all the time, forward. I guess when I woke up this morning after only two hours sleep that was it. My fall a few weeks ago is still claiming a toll on my left upper quad muscles and with my paralysis it only complicates the healing process, some because I don't slow down. Well with the muscle ache I only slept a total of two hours which was broken into four half hour segments.

So this morning was like a culmination. Down and feeling it, yes I am. Not a self pity but as I teach my students the majority of hospital stays are followed with a period of depression and up to now I have had none. For the first time in a little over a year of this seizure, tumor and paralysis I am emotionally tired, spent and I give. I know that I have some good support from those around me and I will lean on them. As some in my past have taught me to live by, "and this too shall pass", and it will. I know soon I will drive and that in and of it self will be monumental to me. To be able to handle life's changes with little or no problem, unlike now where I have to scramble to call three or four people hoping against odds someone can arrange to pick me up and take me to where I need to go. "This too shall pass." Wise words, then there my ultimate encourager.......................... MOLLY the one with the pretty glasses on. ;-) Thank you to all for prayers and support, they mean so much.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it's been one of those days. We know that they will pass but it's still tough to endure them! Hoping that you can get some rest!

    ReplyDelete