Monday, March 8, 2010

Stomp your feet

This new journey I am on has many ups and downs, twists and turns to it. Today was no different to say the least. On this journey many times I am reminded of what it is like to be a child. Not because of childish behavior but some of the strides I make are those of a child, as I am re-learning. Today was fairly normal as my days go though I will say the people put in my path were on the good side which I will say was nice. My brother picked me up and we ran a few errands before dropping me off at home. I went to get the mail and with the snow melting I got some slush and stuff on my shoes. Well when I got to our sidewalk and porch area in front of the house I went to stomp my left foot to knock the slush and stuff off. I wasn't thinking as in the past one of the things I could not do was have enough control of my left leg and foot to pick it up and force it down. See I lacked the muscle strength and control. Well up my foot came only this time it came down with force and cleaned the shoe off, just like before! I was like a little child and a mud puddle (I know you parents can understand) and stamped it down three more times because it was so cool.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that explains the mud-spray around the front porch (just kidding). All too often we get caught up in being an "adult" that we forget God sees us as His children. I'll bet He was smiling on you as he watched you successfully move your foot up and down. It's truly the little things that stand out in our minds.

    ReplyDelete