Friday, March 12, 2010

Great days of gains

My day started off today with physical therapy as usual for my Friday. Lauren the other physical therapist was there to start me off saying Andy would be in soon. The bike is always first and I normally do 1 mile at resistance 5 but today I did 1.13 miles the most ever. What was even better was that I never pushed myself to the limit doing a sprint at any time so I could have done at least 1.5 had I tried. The remaining exercises went well also as did my stretching. Andy when he came in tried some new exercises with me which dealt with balancing. One of the main reasons I fall, trip, stumble and everything else is poor balance.

One of the exercises was the heel to toe that the police have you do for a sobriety test. At first I was a little shaky but soon I was able to perform it to where I think I could actually pass a field sobriety by a police officer. He also had me do sidesteps and then believe it or not he had me walk 'backwards' which I have not done since last June. I did need a little help with stabilization as I walked backwards so would not fall but not much. I was thrilled as was Andy at my accomplishments.

The rest of my day was off to see clients and offer them some insight as to bettering relationships and lives. At the end of it all I am tired and ready to relax for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment