Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sad day

Last night as I had to head to bed I stood at the bottom of the stairs and just stared. I stared because I had to climb up the twelve steps so I could go to bed. Many around me know that I am seeking to sell and move from this house because of all the stairs. Today I say "all the stairs" because it is so difficult to take each step. The once bouncing down or running up the stairs is not to be for me anymore. I am hopeful that the day will be coming some time soon because of the difficulty I have with stairs. I watch and smile how Beth just walks down them, one-two-three-four to the bottom or top. I am realizing what my needs are in life now and one of those needs is few stairs to use on a daily basis. That is not what is sad though, that as you know is called 'life'.

What is sad is one of the people who has been an inspiration in my life for years, an encourager for years, among other things is not so well. She was there through all of my struggles too encouraging me to recover. I found out she has suffered a stoke and is recuperating. I hope to be there for her as she was for me, prayers I am sure would be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your friend and will say a prayer for her!!

    ReplyDelete