Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I am LEGAL

It has been a long, long year but the date has finally arrived that New York State demands. See New York is one of only a few states that puts a time limit on when you can drive after suffering seizures. They demand you wait one full year and today is my one year anniversary of my last seizure, hallelujah! I can drive and not have to bother anyone for rides. So it is nice to be seizure free and to drive. I did some painting on the house again, I have moved on to some trim. I have painted as much as I can on the house so now I move on to trim. What is nice is afterwards I use the pool to cool off and exercise my leg. It is nice to have the pool to stretch and exercise my leg. Mowing and doing some painting only makes the muscles more tense than they already are. I am hoping that tonight will be a restful night all the way through. I have not had a full nights sleep since last Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Great news for you.

    My father-in-law has not been that lucky. He has had too many seizures to become legal again.
    Illinois I believe he said is 6 months before you can get your license back.
    Both father and mother-in-law are now in a nursing home due to their health problems.

    We really don't realize what we have health wise until we don't have it, Am glad you are doing okay again.

    Blessings,
    Verna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verna yea NY is one full year which only passed into law last year, my luck. I have empathy for your father-in-law because I know I hated my seizures. When one was coming on I had such fear and helplessness just wanting it to end somehow.

    ReplyDelete