Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July heat

Well these 90 degree days really take a toll on my condition and me. I tried to paint some of the house yesterday and it was tough. It has to get painted so I am poking along at it piece by piece. I have to sell this house because the steps are a lot for me to handle. I never ever figured I would be saying that for at least another fifteen years anyway. I mean if it doesn't sell I will find a way to cope. I was able to use my pool for the first time and exercise my leg in the water. I am hoping to do some more tomorrow.

Today I had a client who suffers from MS and when talking about the way they walk she said she doesn't walk like.... She paused reflecting before saying "I'm sorry but I would say normal people." I looked over at my cane and said to her, "I completely agree because I do not walk like normal people at all." She is really suffering with fear of MS and not being normal so I tried to reassure her that whatever her capabilities are, like mine, are normal just a new normal.

Funny but I moved out of my big office and waiting room into a small one room so I could cut back on my private practice. Why is it then that I have more people of new clients calling me than I normally do? I mean is God trying to tell me something and I am missing the message? I know I needed to scale back but there has to be a reason for the pick up in clients. So not knowing what the plan is I will stay open to whatever door God happens to put in front of me. I hope I do not miss it.

On a last note my neurologist put me on some new muscle relaxant medications to help me sleep at night. My nights have been getting bad with headache and leg/muscle pains. He wanted to start me on the muscle relaxants first. The first two nights they seemed to work well but the last four nights have been horrible. I have been up to at least 2 in the morning with pain in my left leg making it unbearable for me to sleep. As Beth says though it is what it is so I will take it one step at a time. Tomorrow I will call the doctor and report in and see what he says. I guess this is a lot to report as there is a lot going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment