Saturday, July 3, 2010

One Year

Just a few days more than one year ago I was lying in a hospital bed at Strong Hospital after being told of my tumor. What a year it has been too. A lot has occurred in all areas of my life since that news and it has changed in so many ways. The surgery, recovery, therapy, pushing myself to work at teaching and seeing clients. Then there was the overload that I experienced which meant cutting back and so now my practice is cut back to at least one third of what it once was. I know without a doubt that God has led me down the path to help people in my practice, so why am I forced to cut it back? Honestly I have absolutely no idea why but I do know without a doubt that there is a reason and He has a plan I just don't know what it is. I do know that I will try to remain open as to where it leads. In preparation to sell the house I have been able to put two coats on about one fourth of it so far. It is hard, challenging but I am able to do it it just takes time and a few adjustments on how. I have found out that is the case for most things in my life today I have to adjust to be able to do them and of course some I simply cannot do and that too is ok.

I did have an appointment with my neurologist yesterday which went ok. I shared about my nights be interrupted sleep mostly due to leg pains and headaches. He talked to me about taking a medication to help relax some of my muscles including my leg. The left leg does muscle spasms due to the damage that was done. Sometimes late at night the leg is tired and will spasm at night keeping me awake. I took the medicine last night and it seemed to work to help me sleep. The night is still a bit interrupted but better for one night anyway. I am actually getting use to the feeling of it constantly being asleep and unable to move. My neurologist also indicated that my physical therapy may be ending indicating my recovery has reached its peak.

1 comment:

  1. How much your life can change in just a year's time!

    ReplyDelete