Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Flu Shot

Well I seen my primary care physician on Monday and have great news. My blood pressure has always been a problem and has never been lower than 120 over 84 with medication, well it was 102 over 64. My doctor asked if I was feeling light headed because he was surprised. Thank you God! He also suggested I get the regular flu shot especially because of my full time teaching the college students and their hygiene habits. Well I have never had one before so I found out I am one of those who gets the bonus with the shot. The bonus I am talking of is having the flu like symptoms for the next 24 hours. I had a hard time making it through the day today but managed. The ortho brace the hospital made for my leg I think may be restricting my movement so I going to go back to wearing a cloth type support that pulls the foot up so it does not drop freely. Hopefully it will allow me to work the leg and knee more so I can build more strength up in it. I do not know how much longer my window of recovery will last so I want to do what I can. One thing I have learned from this whole experience is that this is my body and I have to take care of it. My sleeping seems to be going more off key lately. Currently it is midnight and I only slept four hours last night and I laid in bed for three hours before getting back up tonight. My problem is I am wide awake, so where is everyone? LOL! People really helpful in rides and taking me where I need to go. I am actually getting use to being a passenger and not the driver. Well my sleepless nights will be helpful when I go for my EEG on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment