Thursday, November 19, 2009

Looking for the weekend

Well I actually was able to actually help someone else. I actually had more Blessed ability to help someone less fortunate. A lady in a motorized wheelchair needed my help with doors and the elevator. It felt rewarding to be able to help and it also helped remind me of what I still am Blessed with and not what I cannot do. Of course as to sleep, last night for some reason I woke up after an hour of sleep for the first five hours so rest was elusive to me last night. I remind myself that the doctors told me that sleep would be interrupted for up to a year. I know when I was done teaching today and got home I without knowing just sat down to watch a bit of television. After a few minutes sitting I was out for about an hour. When I woke up I had next to nothing for energy. My left foot is still unstable or appears to be to me. I see my regular pt tomorrow so I will ask him what he thinks. It was a positive day over all though. One thing I am noticing is that it takes time for me to accomplish simple tasks, time that many are unaware of because the same as I use to be it meant nothing. Like I say to cross a street meant nothing as I would simply walk, trot or run faster. Not having that ability makes a difference, but a difference I can easily learn to live with. One thing that is funny is Beth and I noticed that on two television shows they had scenarios where a character was injured or stroked leaving some paralysis. The amazing thing is they are both nearly 100% recovered, which Beth reminds me they are television. Still in a way it is motivating as I think, I can achieve that too! My students are very encouraging in all of my classes which is uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment