Monday, November 23, 2009

What a day

Well the weekend was not too bad but I was tired a lot of the time and feel drained a lot of the time. Those around me keep saying "listen to you body, listen to your body" so I try. Problem is as a child, growing up, I instilled in myself that you ignore the body and push, go forward, feel no pain, rest is for tomorrow. I think that this is part of the new normal that Kate said way back in June or July time frame. In some ways I reflect upon that and think how much she was really speaking in a future sense. I am learning a new normal is so many things and will impact my life in many more ways as the days come. My teaching is going well and the students for the most part are pleasing and encouraging to me. I had my physical therapy today and Andy worked me hard. He gave me some new exercises that are at the next stage and I am making improvements. He took some measurements of resistance and strength and I am making strides forward so that is good. I am looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday and taking some rest.

1 comment: