Friday, November 6, 2009

Physical Therapy Update

Well I had my physical therapy visit today and it was once again a fantastic visit. Andy ran me through my exercises as usual but he added some repetitions to some of them, and weight to some others. In lifting leg weights he had me do ten more reps. What is amazing is he also added a new exercise and we did the added exercise and increased repetitions in the same time period. Which I never thought about til I was done and gone but my speed or ability to perform the exercises is increasing. He also uses an electrical stim on my left foot to try and help make connection with the nerves again for movement. Well the ability to pick it up is increasing and he had me try to gain range of motion this time. I was so pleased with my gains. I know I write about only getting so much movement back but I want to keep in focus that I am gaining. Recently visiting the granddaughter Molly I also realized how much I want to gain leg strength and knee movement. When she would run and turn back to look and laugh as if to say "come get me". I cannot, she is faster than me. So one of my new simple goals is to catch Molly. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment