Sunday, November 1, 2009

My first air plane ride

Yes, believe it or not I flew for the first time since my surgery and it was interesting. I am flying out in a few hours to come home. When I left I will say that the Transportation Authority who checks you through were Fantastic and very Understanding. They really went to meet my needs in a manner to be quick and respectful, thank you. Once through we had to tell Northwest that I will need wheelchair service in Detroit to get to my next gate. What a new feeling, I thought that was at least 20 years off. While waiting for boarding to begin the air line put me in the first row so I would not have to walk back the very narrow aisle which was nice. Well for pre-boarding the counter attendance announced over the pa, " Only those sitting in row one may board at this time, but only row one." Well the only person who stood up to board was me. So the entire area watched Phil walk 'slowly' to the counter and board the plane. I was like the center of attention and that was embarrassing, but I was very grateful for their assistance. Upon arrival at Detroit the attendant was there with a wheelchair to take me quite a ways to my next gate. I must say that was my easiest walk through an airport in thirty years of air travel. LOL! Well the flight to Milwaukee was nice I sat in a center seat but people were most helpful on both flights. It was nice to see the good in people. Eric and Kate picked us up, ready to go and off we went. It was a great visit with little Molly who is growing so quickly. Today after church I will arrive at the airport and make my way through their security which I hope is the same as Rochester's.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear everyone was so nice and accomodating!!!

    ReplyDelete