Thursday, October 29, 2009

Always Learning

As the title states today I learned something new, well realized anyway. Before that though I was able to sleep about 4 and 1/2 hours last night so that is improving. Still I was tired this morning as I headed out to tackle the day. The day went fairly well and I am really glad that I am teaching and chose to go forward in faith that He would provide for me to go forward. Teaching is the one area where I feel really useful. I actually tried going to one class minus my cane for support and did OK. I am more aware of the restriction on my left leg without it. To see the students enjoy learning and interaction is great! I even heard some of them tell me how they were enjoying the class and learning a lot. Back to my new learning, as I was leaving I always walk through an area like a portico of tables set up for people to eat, drink and study at. Well as I was walking I noticed that someone had dumped their ice from a cold drink on the carpet. Instantly I realized that should my cane or foot hit and slip on the large ice cubes I will be going down amongst the tables and chairs. While I was able to maneuver around the enemy 'cubes' I discovered a new enemy. Just like puddles of water were discovered the other day with all this wonderful rain we have had. Being that as I tried to step my left leg over a puddle of water as I stepped down into the street in my efforts to cross, I failed to clear it. As my foot hit the puddle it brought back memories of being a child. The reason my child entered is because with little control over my left foot is hit the pavement with force just like a child jumping into the puddle with both feet to see how high the water can go. Life is an adventure for us all, mine has just gone into a new area for me. I constantly recall what Kate wrote when she said I would have to learn a new way, my paraphrase. I am learning a new new all the time and gaining a new appreciation for those around us. Being a psychologist I love people watching but now my focus has added what skills and abilities so many of us, me included take for granted. I have grown to appreciate even more how Blessed I am in what I have and I am continued to be Blessed......

No comments:

Post a Comment