Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Sunday's never ending"

Well here it is again, a new week. I was a bit tired today and so I gave myself permission to rest and take it easy. I also have another first. When I came home from the hospital I had to use a bench in the bath tub to shower for support and stability. Well I have been practicing and testing my balance all week and today I took the bench seat out and put it away. Yes I have graduated and grown up. LOL! I absolutely love making these strides because it gives me encouragement. I am also noticing I am gaining a bit more control over my left leg and the ability to lift it up. The foot still looks a bit of a different color than the right one and it is a bit puffy but the professionals see it and are not worried. So I guess I too will not be too concerned. I am so greatful to all of those who make themselves available to drive me around. If it were not for them I would be house bound every day. I am looking forward to the week and therapy.

2 comments:

  1. Any step forward, no matter how seemingly small, is still a step forward. You are doing great dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great you no longer need the bench. A great step forward!

    ReplyDelete