Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dinner cruise

Well the dinner cruise was what I had hoped for in spite of some pit falls. When we checked in they informed us it was mandatory no shoes, which they made an exception for me. They realized I could not take my shoes off and walk safely so they said I could wear them. My cane however was a different story, Mr Cane had to stay land locked. I was more than willing to comply with that request so all was set. It was quite a hike down to the 64 foot catamaran, the Spirit of Kauai. There was 39 of us as we set said. The crew was very helpful with me as well as anyone who wanted to maneuver around and I did some moving. We say spinner dolphins, a school of them, who swam along side our boat jumping and playing as we went. We also had the opportunity to see two baby and one parent whale so it was cool. Of course the coast line in itself was a beauty of God to behold. It was majestic in every way possible. We were soaked by salt water to and fro, before and after dinner but it was ok. It was well worth the money and time.

My ankle was still hurting a bit afterwards but it was manageable. One of the things I am still learning that I need to internalize is that those around do not remember my situation. It seems my inability or my shortcomings get forgotten. This I need to try to remember, it is my new normal to live with and others will forget regularly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the dinner went well. That was nice for them to let you keep your shoes on. I'm glad you got to see so many things like the dolphins and whales.

    ReplyDelete