Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rainy morning

Well I thought it was bound to happen. We went down to Hanalei Bay to snorkel (where puff the magic dragon frolicked) and thought all would be fine. Many of you already know that since last April my leg and foot experiencing atrophy the left foot turns down due to the muscles not responding. This provides me with the great opportunity to walk on my left side ankle. The brace keeps it straight which is one reason I wear it. I thought I would fore go the brace and go it stag. Well the snorkeling was ok, high tide was coming in. I managed to do everything on my own with my snorkel gear and all but I did notice the swimming was a bit draining. I came in to rest while my brother snorkeled with his wife and rest. When I got up to come back to our condo the sand was so soft and deep I walked on the side of my left foot with every step I took. That was Sunday so Monday I kept off the foot most of the day, iced it, rested it, kept is up and all. I confess I did go to Lamperts for some ice cream. Today it is still sore and we have a sunset dinner cruise to go to. I can work with the ankle and as I have said a million times quoting Kate, I need to learn a new normal. I just want to avoid being a damper on anyone's activities. Of course they all say no problem I still want to enjoy. Raining now but I am hoping it stops to give us time to sail the north coast having dinner watching God's natural beauty of a setting sun that we take for granted everyday much too often. Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are seeing lots of things snorkeling! Have fun on your dinner cruise!!

    ReplyDelete