Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

What a great day it was! No not everything went the way it was suppose to but it was a great day. As I said in my last blog, I had physical therapy this morning. I was talking to a therapist (an intern working with me) and the next thing I did was look up at the distance on the bike machine and I ended up pedaling myself a mile and a quarter. My farthest was a mile and a tenth so I was so pleased to see that. My routine has been changed around because of my growth. That is so fantastic, I am working on balance as I said earlier. Walking backwards, doing the sobriety walk (heel to toe), and having to walk an obstacle course stepping over objects and up and down steps as I go. I think back to just last December when I could not balance even 30 seconds without needing assistance. I see how much has been accomplished. When the neurologist and neuro surgeon first talked to me the verdict was that only about 85% of the tumor would be removed by surgery, I wold need to be in the hospital 10 to 14 days and I would have a lot of paralysis to deal with. Well God had a different thought, they got the tumor 100%, I was out of the hospital after eight days, and I am still gaining more ability which means less paralysis. I am not saying I will have none, I won't have full use as even the therapists say, but I will have a lot more use than they originally said. That was before I even got to my office to see clients today.

Clients went well, not all is good though. I do find such satisfaction in helping others find a path of help. Life for me is great, tumor, seizures, paralysis has little meaning, this is Good Friday and my life is VERY good. I am BLESSED and I am thankful for what I do have.....

1 comment: