Friday, April 30, 2010

First week back

Well my first week back after venturing out for some attempts at snorkeling and water activities. I can say that getting up to teach Monday, Tuesday and even Wednesday was very difficult. We left Hawaii and when we finally arrived home we had been up for about thirty hours and three plane rides of about thirteen hours. Jet lag made life very hard for me those first three days.

On Wednesday I had my first physical therapy visit in almost three weeks. I was not sure how I would do on the different activities. Well I did one and a quarter miles on the bike. After the bike I did some exercises I have not done in awhile and then Andy asked me to do some stair exercises. I take each foot and place the arch lightly down on the edge of the step and then put the foot back down on the ground. The second one is taking each foot separately and touch only the heel on the step up and then bring it back down. I did both exercises and when I finished Andy pointed out how this was the first time I had done this without my cane. I had completely failed to realize this until he pointed it out to me.

I finished up the week teaching and interacting with my students. My greatest reward comes from my students. I had one who took a test and got a 50 and came to me for some tutoring. I tutored her and when she took the re-test she earned a 75. She found me and was thrilled to no end about her performance. She shared with me all semester long she has not been able to get above a 65. She told me to have a good weekend, I told her to do the same.

Though it was a long, hard and exhausting week it was well worth it. It seems the students have always been my lift in life since the surgery. Seems God always knows exactly what we need and He puts it into our path of life, we just need to be open to receiving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment