Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekende update

Sorry to all first of all because I have not put in an update since last Tuesday and a lot has happened. I did have a physical therapy visit and when I started to pedal away I noticed that there were no straps for my left foot on the pedal. Normally there is a strap you slide your foot into like a racer would do to keep the foot in place. When I asked about it they told me Andy took it off and wanted me to try without a strap. Well I did my mile plus a little with no strap. I realize that may not mean a lot to some but as I was pedalling away I thought back to one year ago. Last June, of 2009, when I went in for therapy Andy had to use two long velcro straps to hold my left foot in place because it turned sideways and or slip off the pedal. Here I was a year later and I was able to control my foot enough to keep it flat on the pedal.

I manage to mow my lawn, though I think I am still going to have to hire someone to help me with it. It seems to be too much, and I also notice my upper quad muscles on my left leg become sore and ache if I walk on the leg too much. I have been putting heat on the leg and ice on my ankle. I am still dealing with and in acceptance mode when it comes to how much I cannot do. My teaching is done so that is a huge weight off my shoulders especially with final grades in.

I was going to mow today but I instead am taking a break and pretty much calling it a day as for work outside and my brace. With that said it seems as if my capabilities are pretty much peaking out so in the next 6 or 8 weeks I need to learn how to maintain the usage I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment