Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summertime

Well here is my few day update. My summer class has begun and every student showed up and it appears to be a great bunch of students. My last few nights have been very unsettled though. Last night I would sleep for about 30 minutes wake up and repeat the cycle until about 2 am. When I woke up then my left leg ached so bad I had to get up and just walk (hobble) around for a little bit before returning for some much needed sleep. I have refrained from posting too many negatives because I don't want people to think I am a complainer and not grateful or that I don't see the Blessing in life. That being said, the brace burns into my foot on top and bottom after a few hours because the left foot wants to twist. I came home Tuesday and every time my left foot touched down on anything it was if I was stepping on a hotplate that burned into my foot. My ankle has been quite sore too, so tonight I put some ice on it to soothe it a bit. The good news is I am alive to see the ruins of Rome, the beauty of Firenze (Florence), the waves of Kauai with my wife, my son get married, his beautiful bride and her smile on that special day and soon I get to see that special granddaughter Molly if a few weeks. I have so much to be grateful for and I am. There is pain and I am learning that some of this as it is coming up on one year is possibly going to be part of my new normal as Kate said in the beginning. Hurt, pain, discomfort, lack of sleep, head aches is all out done by the Blessings that God puts in front of me everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your foot has been bothering you. I hope that it gets better.

    ReplyDelete