Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day out

Well a lot has happened since my last post for those of you still checking in, so I apologize. That being said, Sunday was Father's Day and my oldest son asked me what I would like to do. I shared with him how I have not swung a golf club in two years and would like to know if I still can. When I had a full working body I sucked so at least now I can have an excuse. Just kidding. Anyway he took me to a driving range and we got a full bucket of balls. My first one was a clean miss, second one the ball went directly to the wall protector (for the other golfer) and then to the field. My third one was worse yet as it hit the protector went straight up and 'back' about fifteen feet. Luckily no one was behind me. My son made a few suggestions and I adjusted my position and with some encouragement from my son my next two shots went straight at least. I only hit about one third of the bucket but when I finished hitting I was able to drive a ball about 100 yards and hit about 60 yards with an iron. So my game plan is to do some more driving and then maybe try to play a couple of par 3 holes on a real course!

I also had my physical therapy on Monday and it was fatiguing. I actually was not able to do as many as I normally have done. In some ways a lot of it is emotionally still catching up and affecting me. I was up last night, as has been the case normally, with my leg experiencing discomfort to the point that I am unable to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment