Friday, June 25, 2010

Never a dull moment

Off to Milwaukee to see Molly for the first time in four months. I was so excited as she is an inspiration to me. We landed in Chicago and only had one hour before our next flight to our destination. When the time was to board they came on the pa system and said "the flight to Milwaukee is cancelled and everyone will need to find a phone to rebook, thank you". Stunned we found one of these black phones and were told by the agent at the other end, we were rebooked for Friday afternoon to Milwaukee and we would arrive at 4:30 pm. We are driving time only about an hour away and we are going to wait almost 24 hours to fly for 20 minutes? That was insane. Beth and I headed off to take it one step at a time. We obtained our refund for the last flight, proceeded to baggage claim to obtain our luggage and then a rental car. Baggage claim of American told us that our luggage would be in on the later flight and they would deliver it OR it will wait til the morning flight. She confided that most likely it would be in the morning. Last step was to rent a car so I called National and they informed me that all rentals at the Chicago airport were taken and such was the case with the next. Suddenly a gentleman standing near me heard me say I was on the flight cancelled from Milwaukee and asked me that same question. I told him we were and he informed me we were. He said he had already rented a car from Avis and could ride with him. He was like an angel. He drove us to the Milwaukee airport so we could be picked up. We had great conversation getting to know each other and laugh a little. When we arrived I offered to pay some of the cost and he refused and we agreed that we would pay it forward. How nice to run across a person like this in life. If I did not make my call when I did for a rental at the exact place I did to have him near to hear me just before he walked off to get his car we would not have found a car. That was God looking out for us and like a wonderful Father, He kept us safe and got us to where we needed to go. Thank you God. ps we awoke to a real Blessing too.... Molly at 6 am to play with and watch Backyardagins, I love it.

1 comment: