Sunday, June 6, 2010

Rainy Sunday

Well yesterday was paint day for me. I was able to paint about 20% of the back of the house. I figured that was not too bad by myself. I discovered how it was to paint with my new restrictions and it wasn't too bad. I will do it as piece work as much as I can until I cannot do any more. At that point I will have to rely upon others, just as my practice.

I ended my lease and will be closing my office in mid June which is a VERY emotional experience for me. Going to college as an adult with children and getting a bachelor and master in business / administration only to be led by God to switch directions. Switch to Mental health masters and a phd in psychology was different focus. I put it all in His hands and from day one I grew from a part time office to full time small office to a modern office in a prime location. After a few more steps ( all of which covers a span of twelve years ) I ended up in a double office with a waiting room and all. It was something I was in awe of every time I went to counsel / help people of what my walk in this ministry had brought me to. It was a long progressive walk and now I am faced with packing everything up and saying good bye to it. I will still practice part time but drastically reduced to bare bones. I am trying to focus on getting my house ready to sell and close up my practice as it currently exists, it feels like a lot. As I look at the weeks ahead what was with help has changed. I will have some scattered help but I know He has a plan and God is behind it all. He saw me and grew my practice and He is there now with a plan, I know that. So bottom line somehow I am not sure how, but somehow I will get the office boxed up and done in the next two weeks. I guess as I am writing this I am thinking I should not be saying good-bye but rather 'hello' to the new normal.

Today my oldest, Tim, had his wedding reception pig roast as everyone has come back from Italy. It was great and enjoyable. One more thing I would have missed, what a blessing and a gift today was.

No comments:

Post a Comment