Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day after Christmas

Well a miracle of Christmas this year for me is just being here. It is nice not having to get up and get going for the day. Sit, relax a bit and do something that Beth loves to do, read. Of course my like of material is a bit different. She brought a book about the criminal profiling written by one of the original founders for the FBI. It was fantastic to read and I enjoyed every minute of it. I realized why I love psychology so much and why I went on to getting the PhD's. We are so uniquely made and so interesting to watch. I often reflect back upon my day and how I have handled it. When I walked for the mail today I watched as I tried to take a step normally and could not. Realizing that I was made to take steps and could not and may not walk in a normal way again. Then I started thinking about my age and how as we get older our bodies do not work quite as well. As my thoughts continued I thought that I will make the most of my therapy and gather back as much of my normal as I can get and go from there. I also realized that still after five months of recovery still at 2:30 or 3 in the afternoon I get tired and feel worn to the point of needing a nap. My problem is that if I give into the need after about one and a half hours of sleep I wake up but as so relaxed all I want to do is go back to sleep. I have to fight like anything to get myself up and moving. Once I am up and moving around for about fifteen minutes I am like recharged with energy and ready to go. This may never change as the doctors have told me already. I will learn to work this into my day as I have already begun to do. I just do not want people thinking I am lazy, which I know comes from how I was raised.

2 comments:

  1. I could use a nap about that time every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Phil ~
    I am finally catching up on your blogs with the many challenges, disappointments, and accomplishments that have been (and continue to be) in your life. Please know that no one that has ever been affiliated with you would ever in their wildest dreams consider you to be anything other than a wonderful human being who has always shown nothing less than true and selfless dedication to whatever you are doing at any given time -- and definitely would consider you to be anything but lazy! Quite the opposite! You stand tall amongst the best of them and, by so doing, your star shines the brightest. Thank you for being you -- our world would be much dimmer without your guiding light. Anne

    ReplyDelete