Friday, December 11, 2009

therapy update again

Well though the process was similar the results are changing. Like last time I put my foot into the strap for the bike and pedaled away. The resistance was set at 4 my highest so far and instead of 10 minutes Andy increased it by 2 minutes. I do not see it as a two minute increase but as a 20% increase. Anyway as I was doing my duty I was watching the distance and saw I had done a quarter of a mile. After a few seconds I thought hey let me go for distance so off I went and I made it to .41 of a mile. My game plan at my next visit on Monday is to do at least one half mile in distance. Andy also raised my weight for my leg lifts which was cool. All around the visit was like a fantastic increase. Of course now Andy will probably expect more and more as I go [which is good] meaning more work for me. He did tell me to work on stopping my compensation to lift the left leg by using my hip and let the leg muscles do the work they normally do. What has become habit is hard to break. Well I can also say that I am tired and worn out from the week. Next week is the last week of classes for my five classes I teach. Exams in all of them, scores and hand out final grades to my students. I actually had some new students approach me and tell me some current students had recommended me as a professor for classes. That is such a rewarding feeling, not to be recommended or liked but to know someone has learned and grown in life and I was Blessed to be a part of it. I am so glad that I taught this past semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment