Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Terrible Day

Well I am so glad to see today come to an end. To start off I feel terrible physically. I guess I have an upper respiratory infection I am trying to weather as I wind up the semester. I had no voice so I saved it as much as I could for the lecturing I had to do. I managed to make it through all in all. I also called my surgeon's office again about my last test and the medication being cutback, driving and how all is going. Well I have called three times in the last two weeks and gotten no call back even though they have said they would call me back. Well today I finally found out why no one has called me back. They told me I needed to call my neurologist doctor and not my neurologist surgeon, which is who I have been calling. I told them no one told me to suddenly switch doctors so I had no idea. Here I have anxiously waiting to talk to them about reducing my anti-seizure medication to 1/2 of what I was taking or eliminating it all together. Well the good news if I called my neurologist and he will get me in next week pronto. I told them the 'list' of things I need to talk to them about and they were very understanding. Needless to say I was relieved but downhearted feeling like I was lost among the cracks. I will say though these still are the best doctors going as they have seen me this far. So now I have a next step and will keep you up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment