Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 29, 2009

No there is nothing wrong with the date, it is one year ago today. One year ago today I was sitting in the Emergency Room of Unity Hospital with a left leg that was paralyzed for no reason. They finally took me in and did an MRI only to tell me that "I was fine and there was NOTHING wrong with me." So they sent me home with no recommendations. I spent seven hours there and I remember the physicians assistant asking me if I was sure it was not psychosomatic. Though insulted by that, as if I had nothing better to do than sit in an Emergency Room for seven hours. What was also funny is just before one year ago today Beth had told me that 2009 would definitely be a better year for me health wise than 2008. See in 2008 I was diagnosed with diverticulitis and a kidney stone about the size of a golf ball. The type of stone was called a stag horn and I endured 3 blasting's in the year to try and deal with it plus I suffered from sciatica nerve damage and ended up in the Emergency Room from it. So 2008 was an interesting year and unfortunately one year ago this temporary paralysis was the first sign of what was to be a not so good year after all. Anyway though 2009 was not a better health year for me I sit now and have no doubt that 2010 will most definitely be a better year health wise. I thought it funny how we are facing the start of 2010 in just a few days and how a year ago we thought nothing of what I was experiencing with my leg. What a year it has been, what I have learned and how I have grown. I thank one and all for your help. Tomorrow I have my physical therapy and I am shooting for .85 of a mile on the bike. I would love to do a mile but that would be doing 5 miles an hour on the bike. Who knows we will see and I will let you know........

No comments:

Post a Comment