Thursday, December 10, 2009

snow and ice

Well today was my first day to face snow and ice with cane and my school 'luggage'. We only got about four inches but it was the heavy wet snow. I went out and tried to push shovel around the SUV so Beth could drive me to the campus to teach. I was able to do that and clean the car off but I will say it was interesting to work it. Once downtown to the campus I got out and the three inches of slush was real fun to maneuver through. It was an adventure for sure and I actually in some ways enjoyed the change and challenge of trying something new. Of course having my 17" laptop in my case over my shoulder made it all the more challenging as it was a bit lop sided for weight. It was my first taste of what I will face with my new challenges of snow and all. Of course with my attitude I am figuring that I will do and operate as I normally would. I know that will not be the case but I will start there and strive to stay as normal as I can maintain. I am waiting for my opportunity to use my snow blower too. That should be interesting. LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you did a pretty good job of getting through that slush!

    ReplyDelete