Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Therapy day before Christmas

Well as I reported before my new challenge on the exercise bike is distance and today in my 12 minutes of time I made it to 3/4 of a mile. I am hoping to make it to a full mile in that time by the first of the year. That means that I can pedal at a speed of 5 miles per hour which is quite an accomplishment with what was once a paralyzed left leg. Then I did my weight lifting and instead of doing three sets of ten Andy added one more set so I now do four sets of ten. Andy added a few other things increasing my therapy which I love because I like to push and be pushed to accomplish. Comes from my childhood. When we end our session he hooks me up to the electrical stim machine which stimulates the muscles in my left foot to come to life and enable me to straighten my left foot, which I have been unable to do since last April. Well today when he hooked it up I was able to gain complete movement as I have never been able to do before. The visit was a great Christmas gift all in itself. I am so thankful to all and their help this year and what a year it has been. Between enduring the kidney stones for the last one and a half years, sciatica nerve damage and then the brain tumor it has still been a wonderful year with so much Blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what miracles around us and how much we tend to overlook them. I am so glad to hear your news and hope the 2 of you have a great CHRISTmas!!

    ReplyDelete