Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Beautiful Day

Today I had physical therapy again and it was one filled with new pieces again. It feels like I have just begun therapy. First the resistance on the bike was increased and I still was determined to do a mile. Then the weights were increased on my leg exercises and a new one added. After all of that I was asked to put my feet one in front of the other and try to balance for 30 seconds and then once I could switch the order and again balance for 30 seconds. It was kind of like taking a sobriety test that a police officer gives and I would fail miserably. LOL! Well I was finally able to do it both ways but it took a lot of effort. Something so simple yet so hard. My legs when I finished were 'both' sore and I had to use the heating pad on them when I got home. A piece of cool news is Andy gave me approval to use my portable stim device when I walk to class so I can wear it tomorrow. I am so looking forward to that, seeing how it allows me to walk as a normal person. I have to finish up my class this week of Intersession teaching and begin the Spring semester on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I bet you were sore!! It's amazing how just a little bit more weight or resistance can have an impact.

    ReplyDelete