Saturday, January 16, 2010

Time away

As it says I am in the great state of Tennessee, Knoxville to be exact. To begin with the weather is a lot nicer right now than it is in Rochester. Yesterday when we landed here the sun was shining and it was like a summer day. Did a little bit of shopping and Karissa is doing fine. Again I needed a wheelchair to get from one gate to the next at Detroit Metro which I feel real weird doing. I feel like I am too young to be in a wheelchair. It was funny when we were going to board the plane to Knoxville because when they started to board every passenger rushed to get in line. Besides me there was an elderly lady with a walker that a man cut off so I could tell the type of people or at least some of the people would be like. I actually felt sorry for the woman as she was in more need than I was. We went shopping today and it was very enjoyable. I saw some things for a granddaughter and just had to pick them up. Once I bought them I thought how her birthday is not until August and there is NO way I am waiting that long to give them to her. I just cannot wait that long. This is the first time my daughter has seen me since just before I went in for my surgery last July so she was happy for the visit as am I. I did pretty good walking and all with the mall and such. Going through security for the air port was also nice as security was willing to yet again work with me having to keep my shoes and brace on.

No comments:

Post a Comment