Thursday, January 28, 2010

Long week filled with so much

I think myself as fairly well disciplined but I fall far short of that when it comes to my blog. I need to discipline myself to update more often. As I went off to teach on Monday and I was heading into the building I was making my way to the elevator. As I was walking the one opened filled up and off it went. As I got closer suddenly the second one opened up and I thought "thank you God". It was as if He was saying 'I am watching'. Anyway I thought to myself that when I got home Monday night I was going to blog 'has God talked to you today?'. Seems the conversation can come is so many different ways but the key is are we paying attention to be able to hear or are we too busy? Well as you see I failed to blog. I had a fantastic day though and so many other things happened to me on Monday and Tuesday showing me I am being watched over.

I realize people are right, I am doing a bit too much. Getting my classes in order, students, some on waiting lists wanting to make it into my class. What is great is to take attendance and see faces of students you taught in the past taking a course you teach because you are the professor. That makes me feel so good, not that I am good but that they must enjoy learning and growing. It is so fulfilling seeing people grow and learn in life.

I have been wearing my portable electrical stim device to assist me in my walking all week. It took some getting use to with the cords and all running down my leg. So for the whole week I have not worn my brace at all which is great. It is nice I just power it up when I go to walk and it actually works great!

My therapy on Monday was great also as Andy increased the resistance and I did over a mile still. I am gaining more movement in distance which is great. I am now starting to learn how to balance again. I am trying to stand heel to toe both ways and to stand that way for 30 seconds which I find very difficult to do.

Today my son was bringing me home and like normal we are getting a bit of a snow storm. We went to pull in the driveway here with all the blowing snow and the garbage can was blocking us right in the middle. I offered to get it out of the way and my son could bring my stuff in for me. Well I got the garbage unit up and the wind caught it head on, pushed it back into me. Well not having great balance, pushed back, a little bit of ice I tried to stay up but down I went onto the driveway and hit his car. My son got out and made sure I was ok and told me go on in and he would get everything. A bit sore but nothing broke and nothing was cut. I really hate the fact that it is one more reminder that 'Phil you cannot.....'. I like to be able to do so I guess I am still learning a new in life.

I will try to update more often. I know I am being watched over and it shows. Life is good today and will be tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome your students want to take your class b/c you are the teacher! :) It sounds like things are going pretty well!! And I think I prolly would've fell on the ice too. That's stuff's pretty slippery!

    ReplyDelete