Saturday, January 2, 2010

Snow Cold Snow

Though I am use to the cold and snow I am also learning a new life with it. I think I mentioned that I have someone come and plow out the lower half of the drive way which has been a blessing to have. It was hard to allow as I have never let anyone take care of 'my' house. I have learned that if I do not wear my brace my left foot is still so weak that when it comes down at a 40 degree angle the snow packs underneath it and lets the ankle twist as it always did before. Of course I am not wearing my brace at the time either when I was in the snow. I have shoveled the driveway with my brace on which is a bit cumbersome but allows me to do what I need to do. I did some house activities today, fixing up stuff which I love to do. I have learned that what use to take me two hours will now take me about three to four so almost double the time. My left leg, foot and toes do not bend the way I want nor do they react as I want. I kind of look at them and almost out loud say, "Why don't you listen to me? I want you to turn left and push the toes back." No reaction at all. Maybe in time. Bottom line is that I accomplished some work around the house. I also got my Taylor acoustical out and played for a little which was very enjoyable. Over all not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment