Sunday, January 10, 2010

Small changes but changes none the less

Well I am still going along and doing well. I have been able to not take any vicodin for three days which is nice. I was able to get my snow blower working [finally] so now I am really ready for the snow when it comes because it will come. I also was able to clean off some more of the driveway and my car which was buried in the white stuff. As I was brushing it off I was thinking how long it has been since I have been behind the wheel driving listening to my xm radio and enjoying the day "BY MYSELF". That is the big part. If you know me you know Phil loves to drive, probably one reason why I drove a car around Daytona Raceway with my brother. Both of us did that and it was the spring before my problems all set in. It was nice to think about it and realize it has been 6 1/2 months and I only have another 5 til I drive. In time, in time. I also was able today to actually pick my left leg up and put it into the leg of my pants as I was dressing. Previously I have had to either sit down or hold something for assistance. Another first. I am also able to make the step up from my garage when I take something out to the trash. Again this is a first, with better balance and lift on my foot. I am ready for my new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment