Sunday, January 3, 2010

Different Day Same Story

Well lake snow is still with us here, as if that is a surprise. My man that plows has been here twice and will be back again this evening. That should give you an idea of our snowfall. I went out earlier and pushed as much snow as I could back enough so he could pull it out of the driveway and he did. Afterwards I cleaned it up a little bit more. I also had a chance to remove some wallpaper from one of the last rooms I need to re-do so I can sell this coming Spring. I was also able to accomplish some other odds and ends of duties around the house today which was great to do. I invested in a new cane as my old one was getting worn on the bottom. Of course Beth afterwards suggested to me that if I were to twist the bottom around it would even out on wear. I did and she was right so now I have two canes. Beth is very helpful. I have come to realize that a lot if not all of my conversation centers on my leg and or tumor. Well, of course here on the blog it will continue to be so but outside of this I will be pulling back on that kind of talking. I have a life, I accomplish things and not everything in my life is about what has happened this past year. I have so much to be grateful for and am. I discovered who were friends, you know those that are there 'after' things have happened. Not that those who are there in the beginning and then move on with their lives are not, but it is nice to see those who are still there 6 months later caring for and about me. Erik Erikson (noted psychologist) said the last stage of life we either obtain Integrity or Despair and I will say I definitely have Integrity. I am so pleased and happy with where I am at in life and what I have been Blessed to partake of and accomplish. What is beautiful is the validation that comes when I look around and I see who cares for and about me. Then not only do I see who but I see who they are in life, their position and accomplishments and I truly feel as one of the Most Blessed and Lucky people on Earth today. Thank you one and all.......

1 comment:

  1. That Beth, she's a crafty one. lol We get snow but it doesn't stick around much. It melts too fast. Wish it'd stick around long enough to make a decent snowman.

    ReplyDelete