Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Physical Therapy Update

Well sorry for the delay on an update because therapy was great, what an encouragement. To start off I did my bicycle ride. I was very frustrated on Monday for various reasons which really don't make a difference, but the point is I had energy to get rid of. So I took it out first on my bike. I have stated that I made it to .8 miles and had hoped to hit a mile. Well I took that frustration out on MrBike and pedaled my way to 1.02 miles, yes I did MORE than one mile. Needless to say my physical therapist, Andy, was really surprised at my accomplishment as was I. I think Andy seeing my desire made some of his own, he raised the weights on my exercises and I did them all. On one he told me to do two repetitions of 10 and instead I did three for a total of thirty. When we went to the weight machine he raised my weight level 37 pounds and said do twenty or thirty if I thought I could. He just cautioned me to rest in between. Well I did the thirty and Andy gave me some side step exercises and a step exercise to do. This is to help me gain control of the foot. It was so encouraging to see the progress. I mean two pounds is not a lot of weight but it is forward not backwards and that is what means something to me. I figured that I will take the frustration and put it into therapy. I see Andy again tomorrow but I do not know if I will do much more than the 1 mile right now. I have tried shoveling all this 'lovely' snow we have and continue to get. I can no longer see my grill on the back deck. I am teaching a new class and it is going well. I so enjoy teaching, interacting with others and seeing them grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment