Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Physical Therapy Update

Well today I had my day of physical therapy. I got on the bike as my first duty and thought I would try to at least do a mile again. As I was riding [well pedaling actually] I saw my pace and then I thought I can do this I know I can. Well I was off and running and ended up at 1.11 miles. What is cool to me is that when I first did the bike I did about one third of a mile and now I am almost at one and a quarter miles in distance. Andy also had me do a new exercise where I lie on my stomach and lift my left leg up backwards. Andy asked me to do 10 of them which is one repetition and I pushed it to thirty. Andy was not surprised one bit. He is giving me some new exercises to do as I am gaining muscle strength, but not as much as I want of course. By me lifting my leg backwards that indicates that I may actually be able to snorkel again in the future. That makes me very happy. We have more snow coming our way as it finally actually stopped snowing today. The teaching is going well and I am enjoying the students. I also invested in a new cane because the bottom of the other one was becoming worn on the one side and was a bit off set. Of course after buying a new one Beth suggested I just turn the bottom rubber piece around 180 degrees so it will be usable. I did and it is so now I have two canes which is fine with me. Things are continuing to look up as I know they will no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment