Monday, January 25, 2010

Going forward

Well first day of school and no one took my picture. I asked some of my students if they were excited to be back in school. I think I am much more excited than they are but that's ok. Classes went well and at the end I was off to my physical therapy. Of course on the way we stopped by our local Verizon store to get the new Palm Pre Plus. I was like a child in a candy store, "gimme one of those and one of these and one of...." I love to play though I never learn how to use the item 100%. Anyway back to my therapy, Andy increased my resistance on the bike by 20% and I still did a little over a mile in my 12 minutes. He had me do other exercises adding weights to me. Toward the end he had me walk the length of the center and back. While I was walking back he took a video of me with his I phone and we watched it together. It was so cool to see my left foot with no brace or device to help me walk with a heel strike. My step was resembling that of a normal one. I just looked at it with a lot of happiness and pleasure. People keep telling me how much better I am walking and now I can see it for myself. It was so cool to see and know that I am improving. Of course I admit the whole time I kept thinking of my new Palm Pre and playing with it. Though the rain fell today and the skies were gray the sun was shining down all around me all day long. God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you keep going up in those weights! That's great! I'm so glad that you are improving!!

    ReplyDelete