Monday, September 28, 2009

Its Just another day. . . .

Well Monday, teaching and physical therapy. Last night was not so restful, Beth seems to think and I agree, that this weather change and all increases my headaches. Unlike before my stubbornness on resisting medications is lowering and I am giving in. LOL! I need to rest and this cold wet weather will not be my friend. Andy who does my physical therapy now worked me hard, doing the exercises and stimulation. With help I saw my left foot move, that gives me such hope. I have ten days in a row without a fall. It is amazing to me how I see more helpfulness in younger people sometimes than I do in the adults. Tonight we went to the grocery store and four adults stood in the door way just chatting making it very difficult for me to get through. Even though they could clearly see I had a cane and did not walk well. One thing God is teaching me is a lot of things I took for granted, not fearing electrical cords on the floor, how the height of something makes a difference, somethings cannot be rushed [walking with a cane and unresponsive leg]. I had a student who was said she was having a bad day because she missed the bus and had to walk in the rain. While I admitted that was not the best we both realized that at least she has the ability to 'walk' while some do not. It is amazing how many little things we can take for granted in life, well how many I seem to have taken for granted.. Blessings

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear your foot is doing good!! I hope that it gets even better!! Let's pray the no-fall streak continues too. :)

    It is appalling at the number of rude people out there. Whatever happened to being helpful?? Just the other day at work it was raining and I saw an elderly woman walking from her car as I was leaving work with no umbrella so I went over to her and walked her into the hospital. It only took a few minutes of my time and she was so grateful for the small act. And it also makes your day to be able to help someone else. More people should try it.

    ReplyDelete